Friday, March 1, 2013

priceless.

IMG_2192 IMG_2202 IMG_2197 IMG_2198 IMG_2201IMG_2203 IMG_2209
#1 and #2: I spent at least 4-5hours cooped up in the hotel room reading my book before heading down to starbucks for a drink and continue reading for an hour. It's really kinda cool that they asked for my name and wrote it down on the cup, and when it's time for me to collect my drink, they called for my name instead of the name of drink. Other countries had the same service too, hmmm SG should totally have it as well haha. On the side note, the hazelnut hot chocolate tasted horrible...

#3, 4, and 5: Second day, during the afternoon, my parents spent it with me (we went with my dad's friends so I was pretty much the only "child" there). Hahaha my dad refused to smile at first and my mom complained, so this shot was the second one with him smiling (so cute, my dad always gives in to my mom aww). The food was....horrible. Like very very horrible. Eeeeeek.

#6: Second day as well, when my parents dropped me off at the hotel room room, before that we went to starbucks to get my coffee then the other cafe for a dessert for me! Annnnnnddddddd then back to my alone time with my book (well e-book in my iPhone).

#7: The day we left, it was pretty cold plus it started raining. Was quite worried at first because you know, the road up to genting and back down has pretty sharp turns and it was really the edge, and I'm scared of heights... But I'm glad we came back in one piece!

To sum everything up, the trip was horrible. Btw, in case if you're wondering why I didn't explore the place on my own well, one it's because it's freaking dangerous with all the hooligans (ahbengs and ahlians as we call them) around, and two, the place has nothing much unless you go to the theme park, but I can't possible go there alone right?

The trip was horrible because I was alone, and I had major gastric (ate only like 3 meals during my 3 days there, I know, what the freaking hell right), and on our way down, I had motion sickness oh the horror......... and in SG, there are restricted smoking areas right? Which I am so thankful for, because in Genting, everyone practically smoked everywhere, even in the indoors, which omg I CAN'T BREATHE PROPERLY. And the place was so packed with tourists, even on weekdays AND school days... Besides, the food wasn't really nice (I'm sorry Genting) and overpriced. There's Mcdonalds and KFC but hey I didn't go Genting for fast food when I can get them in SG right? 

Despite all these, I managed to finish reading two and a half book *pats self on the back*. I started reading perks of being a wallflower on day 1 and finished it within a few hours. The feeling of being able to read so much feels extremely good. I was glad that I went on the trip actually, because in SG, I would find tons of excuses not to read, sigh I blame all the luxuries we have. I highly doubt I would wanna make another trip back there, maybe with my friends, I don't know. But right now, I yearn for another getaway like real soon sigh...

Oh and I have a few pictures from my camera hahaha mainly self-shots *blush*. Don't think I'll upload them, haha see how it goes first! I guess that's all for now, byeeeeeeeeeee

xoxo,
f

No comments: