Monday, February 17, 2014

3 Weeks Attachment in Chinaaaaaa

Really stunning railway station in Suzhou
Apparently, this 李先生 is sort of like a fastfood chain? Wow, I wouldn't mind having this in SG, I mean, these noodles? They were amazeballssssssssss
Three different views of Shanghai in three different timings!
They have bubbletea so big, that it's bigger than my face! 
Annnnnndddddddd of course, the guys wouldn't miss out on an opportunity for temporary tattoos
This picture sort of looks fake doesn't it? Like we were cropped into the scene? Hahaha it's definitely real and we were all like, "eff it, let's just take a picture in the rain" *we were alrdy drenched to begin with!
There you go kiddos, the stupid things we do in China...
These ice creams were dopeeeeeeeeeee, and no, I wasn't being a glutton by having two of those heavenly ice cream in case you're wondering.

Other than starting off this post with 25 photos (I think), how bout an apology to all you beautiful people out there? I'm truly sorry for neglecting this space, I honestly think nobody reads this blog anymore. Besides, school had done well on its part on keeping me busy, as well as my laziness got in the way. I went to Suzhou in September 2013, and oh boy it's been 5 months! That's how busy (and lazy) I was!

I think those who knows me, you'll be like, "girl, why are you always heading to China?!" Okay, before I explain, let me just tell you I've been to both Suzhou and Shanghai (same tourist attractions and all) for three times in total. First, was in primary school, if I remember correctly, it was the first student exchange programme for my school, thus I was like, "I MUST GO NO MATTER WHAT". The second time was my secondary school, the previous batch couldn't have a trip due to influenza outbreak, and it's either a week trip to China, or 5(?) days trip to Bali. Owell, I really do like the Chinese culture, and guess which one I picked? The last one, and it's this one, I have to go because I'm in a programme in TP, if I don't go, well, it's a way of forsaking that cert I'll be getting when I graduate. This programme is mainly just introducing us to Chinese Culture, the politics/history/philosophy, and even business in China. I wasn't gonna take up this programme but hey, I did in the end and I'm really glad I did. 

Prior to the trip, we've taken up two modules in two semesters, which are the introduction to China etc. The third module was this attachment, where we have to work there for a really short period of time, as well as attend lectures in Suzhou University! The last and final module, we did PBL (Problem-based Learning), where each group is required to work with Chinese Internationals in TP, and execute an event introducing parts of Chinese culture to people! 

The trip was amazing, I truly learnt to be independent in that short three weeks. In the beginning, I was definitely dreading it because of the working part, but when I was there, it kinda took a different turn. We experienced things like traveling all the way from Suzhou to Shanghai by ourselves (basically, for the whole trip, we're pretty much on our own, only for the lectures the teachers will accompany us, but the rest, we're just.....yeah on our own). Oh and doing laundry in hotel rooms (hey some of us have never washed their own clothes in their entire lives ok!), finding out directions to places, and really a lot more. I think most of you would agree that China isn't really safe, and yes it's true. And you think that China people are, let's say, aggressive and rude? That's true to a certain extent, most people there are really just kind people and they are polite. They might get curious and ask where we're from etc, but that's about it. And hey, we've gotten praises for our not-so-good Mandarin okay! China is really beautiful and the culture and history is so rich. That's why I've never dropped out of this programme (even though it did crossed my mind). I dare say that one day I will make a trip down to China again, exploring many other places if I could. I mean, the experiences there, and the friends you go with, that's really just...........memorable. 

So I guess I shall end off here, and wish those taking their exams soon best of luck, and those whose holidays have started, oh you lucky people, enjoy them well! :-) Till the next time (or rather the next post)!

PS: I'm sorry for the poor quality of pictures, I took most of them with my phone ><
PPS: If you girls (and guys) ever wanna go on a shopping spree, China has a lot of wholesale shopping mall, and they're actually cheaper than Bangkok!
PPPS: I don't think I will be updating very often, because my internship is starting soon, but I'll try! Meanwhile, you can follow me on twitter (@kisstoactivate) and instagram (@sixty5daisies) for more updates! Oh and ask me questions on ask.fm too :-)

xoxo,
f


No comments: